a.t.Legal has unique experience in advising companies/enterprises and public authorities on use of natural resources, environmental protection, as well as development of legislative framework in field of ecology, technical regulation and control.
Pool of issues that our lawyers are actively working with, includes: use and protection of natural resources, air pollution, development of continental shelf, creation of alluvial territories, etc. In our work, we are based on knowledge of environmental and land law, legislation on natural resources, subsoil, forestry and continental shelf.
Our lawyers work with draft laws that are being prepared, both assessing risks associated therewith for business, and taking part in specialized working groups. The Firm has accredited independent experts authorized to carry out expert examination of draft statutory legal acts and other documents for corruption.WE PROVIDE LEGAL HELP ON SUCH MATTERS AS:
- Advising on environmental management and protection, compliance with environmental quality standards and compensation for harm caused thereto, as well as other issues, including trade in emission reduction units (ERUs), development of continental shelf, etc.;
- Due diligence on compliance with legislation on environmental protection and use of natural resources;
- Challenging decisions and orders of supervisory and control bodies in field of ecology and nature management, including in court;
- Work as consultants in making decisions and developing a regulatory and legal framework, including at stage of developing concepts, developing draft laws and amendments to them;
- Examination of draft statutory legal acts and other documents for corruption.
Representation of a major subsoil user in the Far North engaged in mineral prospecting and mining in disputes with Rosprirodnadzor over subsoil damage.
Litigation on behalf of the European Environmental Community regarding the offsetting of costs incurred for repair and restoration of historical and cultural monuments in Moscow against rent payments under lease agreements for monuments.