HEAD OF PRACTICE
Oleg Mamont specializes in representing clients in commercial disputes, disputes on protection of property rights and other interests, on protection of exclusive rights to means of individualization, disputes in bankruptcy cases, in cases of challenging non-regulatory acts of state and other bodies. Oleg has over 20 years of experience in legal representation. He successfully defended interests of both Russian and international organizations in courts of various levels. Oleg has successfully resolved legal disputes related to performance under investment contracts, disputes in bankruptcy cases, disputes related to bank guarantee, promissory notes, legal protection of trademarks, recovery of compensation for violation of exclusive rights to trademarks, violations of antimonopoly legislation.
In addition to legal work, Oleg assists clients in structuring and documenting civil transactions of any complexity including those complicated by a foreign element. He also has gained practical experience in resolving disputes related to inheritance of shares and shares in business companies.
- Represented the company in an antitrust case. Employees of A.T.Legal provided legal services to represent TGC-2 PJSC in the FAS of Russia during the consideration of the case on violation of antitrust law: we studied the problematic situation and the bidding practice of TGC-2 PJSC for 2017-2020, built a position on the case, carried out search and presentation of evidence to the FAS of Russia, conducted an analysis of the coal market, participated in meetings of the FAS of Russia Commission during the consideration of the case, drafted all necessary documents. Currently, the Arbitration Court for the City of Moscow has ruled that the decision of the FAS of Russia is illegal and subject to reversal.
- At the moment A.T.Legal also represents interests of TGC-2 in the FAS of Russia within the framework of an administrative case. After the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia ruled that TGC-2 violated the Law on Protection of Competition, our lawyers prepared and filed an application to challenge the decision of the antimonopoly authority, prepared all necessary documents, and represented TGC-2 in the Moscow Arbitration Court.
- Hospitals contacted A.T.Legal regarding manipulation and obstruction of bidding by third parties in state procurement of X-ray contrast agents for intravenous and intra-arterial injection for computed tomography; these are vital means, especially in the period of the COVID-19 pandemic. A.T. Legal managed to defend the hospitals' rights before antitrust authorities, and the complaints of RUSSPROF LLC were found groundless. A.T.Legal proved the necessity of the drugs purchased. Hospitals purchased the drugs they needed to treat COVID-19, and the suspensions in the timing of tenders due to complaints were minimal.
- We drew attention to the problem and, together with Kommersant, we provoked a broad discussion involving representatives of the professional community to analyze the situation and develop effective legal and organizational measures to prevent or significantly impede the activity of professional complainants.
- Representation of company's interests in the Intellectual Rights Court in a dispute with Rospatent. It is important for Pharm-Sintez JSC to protect exclusive rights with patents for invented new methods of drug production. This project is unique because for its successful implementation we had to understand details of drug production, principles of medication action in order to convincingly prove in court independence of the invented composition, differentiate the formula from other medications with the same active ingredient.
- Pharm-Sintez JSC approached us with a case of cancelling a tender and calling a new one with a correct and up-to-date price justification. The essence of our project was a reasoned justification of the contract price and elimination of errors made by the customer. Based on the tasks set by Pharm-Sintez JSC, we were able to promptly resolve the difficulties arising from the recognition of tenders as unlawful. We were able to cancel more than 20 tenders in a period not exceeding two months. What is important, the Customers took into account the mistakes on the basis of our explanations and in the shortest possible time re-published the order on the trading platform. Thus, we were able to optimize client's financial costs for legal support, and to reduce the time to achieve results, which is a direct indicator of the effectiveness of our work.
- At the beginning of October 2020, Pharm-Sintez JSC encountered significant difficulties in selling one of its drugs under the state procurement. The reason for the problem was that the government had forcibly changed the maximum prices for the medicines, significantly lowering them in the state register of prices for vital and essential medicines. These changes were adopted in late September - early October 2020, but did not take effect until the end of the first quarter of 2021. However, state customers - hospitals across Russia - decided not to take into account that the price set in 2020 will only become relevant in 2021. On the basis of which the justification of the initial maximum prices of tenders was inconsistent with the current cost of medicines. The essence of our project was to prove out-of-court and justify mistakes made by the Client, using tools provided by Federal Law No. 44. Our goal was to cancel tenders and reopen them with correct and relevant justification of the initial price, without spending time to contest tenders in antitrust authorities or the court, via competent requests without violating the law. On the basis of questions from Pharm-Sintez JSC we were able to promptly resolve difficulties. A.T.Legal were able to cancel more than 20 illegal tenders for not more than two months.
- Resolution of issues related to participation in state tenders of a distributor/supplier.
- Representation before the Federal Antimonopoly Service and territorial authorities.
- Representation of interests in the Arbitration Court concerning participation in state tenders, invalidation of tenders, contestation of decisions of the Federal Antimonopoly Service.
BY OLEG MAMONT, HEAD OF CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE, A.T. LEGAL, on how to terminate relations with an unscrupulous contractor and minimize risks if he is on the verge of bankruptcy, what sanctions can be applied to him and what to do, the ways to formalize the termination of relations with a
OLEG MAMONT, HEAD OF PRACTICE, A.T. LEGAL, ANSWERS THE KOMMERSANT’S QUESTIONS: On October 8 the FAS of Russia published on regulation.gov.ru a draft decree of the Russian Federation government about modification of rules for consideration of cases related to advertising legislation violation
BY OLEG MAMONT, HEAD OF PRACTICE, A.T.LEGAL FOR REBUBLIC The domestic real estate market is full of mysteries. Here's one of them: what is an apartment unit? Someone will say, "analogous to an apartment. Another would argue that it is a non-residential space. The third one will remember an